*You may want to pause the music player at the bottom of the page if you are not in the mood for some tunes.

Monday, June 27, 2011

5 years ago today...

5 years ago today I was in the hospital, withering in pain, sweating my ass off, and pushing for dear life. But those aren't the things I remember about this day, they're just part of the scenery. What I remember is this; 5 years ago today the angels above were smiling with joy, the sun shined upon me, and all my dreams came true...because that was the day Jeremiah was born.

When I was a little girl my mom would write in my school book, similar to a  baby book, but it is filled out once a year for each grade level. It always asked the same question: What do you want to be when you grow up? And although from year to year it would change...model, actress, doctor, teacher...every year I answered one answer the same; I want to be  (insert career here)  and a mommy!

My wish came true. I am a mommy to a 5 year old little boy who wakes me up every morning with a smile plastered to his face, who likes to wrap himself in a blanket in the middle of a heat wave, who fills my life with an unendless amount of love. He is my world and sometimes I even wonder what I did so good to deserve him, but either way I am thankful God chose me to be his mommy.

So, today Jeremiah is 5 years old. Today I celebrate everything him. Happy birthday Jear bear! Mommy loves you today, tomorrow, everyday, forever...I love you always.





No comments:

Post a Comment