*You may want to pause the music player at the bottom of the page if you are not in the mood for some tunes.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eye Oh My...

Jeremiah seen the eye doctor today. You see, in August Jeremiah will be starting kindergarten, and Missouri has a law that all children entering kindergarten for the first time are required to see an eye and ear doctor. The last time we visited the eye doc Jear Bear (Jeremiah's well known nickname) was only two years old, and a very much so unwilling participant. I have been dreading this moment for the past three years, but I knew I had to do it and get it done. I tend to put the pro in procrastinate, and Daniel is always on my case about this. I really wanted to prove him wrong this time.


So, I called and by the grace of God there was a spot open for June 21...SCORE! I took it. So, when we woke up this morning I reminded Jeremiah that he was seeing the eye doctor today, of course he gave me the crazy eye look and forcefully said "no!" But by the time we promptly arrived at 1:30 this afternoon he was amped up and ready to go. We only sat in the waiting room for about 5 minutes. Wow, is what I was thinking...this is going really fast...if only I knew.


For two hours, I repeat two hours...they subjected my sweet, little man to what I would like to call eye torture. They took pictures of his eyes, made him stare into lights, point at pictures, asked me to hold him, and his head still countless times, and then worst of all...they had to dialate his eyes! Jear bear was having none of that. Supposedly it stings and it takes ten whole minutes for the solution to settle into the eyes. One of the worst ten minutes of mine and I suspect Jeremiah's life.


Surprisingly up until the last half hour there, Jeremiah actually cooperated. He did his best and I was so proud to watch him smile and try to keep his eyes open. Basically what we found is that Jeremiah's right eye is dominant, and his left eye is pretty darn far sighted.....so what does that mean?


My little man is going to be four eyes....I am only joking. But he is going to have to wear glasses to try to correct it. Jeremiah picked out his very own frames (they're blue) and they will be ready for pick up in a week. I will post a picture of him sporting his new look as soon as I can. In the meantime here is a great picture of him sitting in the big chair at the eye doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment