*You may want to pause the music player at the bottom of the page if you are not in the mood for some tunes.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

For my man Dan...&... my very own Daddy


Almost six years ago I met you. I remember walking into your apartment, it was the defenition of a bachelor's pad. Posters hung on the walls with thumbtacks, a Lovesac in the corner of the room, packs of cigarettes strewn across the coffee table, and one bad ass stereo system blasting The Smiths. Somehow I managed to look past all that and really got to know the real you, and the more I saw you for what and who you were, the more I thought to myself  "He reminds me of my dad."

You made me laugh and you were so laid back. Little did I know that you would be the father of my own child soon enough. And I can't think of any better way to tell you how much I love you. Parenthood is like a rollercoaster, filled with ups & downs, twists & turns, but I am glad you are the one by my side, screaming for dear life right along side me. Happy father's day babe.

 Daddy...I know when you found out you were going to be a father you weren't too thrilled. Maybe you even thought your life was over, but I think you soon realized that in fact your life had just begun.

You're always there when I need someone to just listen to me and you know just what to say. Even in my darkest hour you can make me laugh, you always have a shoulder ready to cry on, and you know exactly what I am thinking without having to say a word.


You're the best daddy any girl could ever ask for, and I am lucky to call you my dad. Everyone says I remind them of you, I laugh and think "that's a good thing." I am proud to be your daughter today and every day, and I am proud to be a self proclaimed daddy's girl. I love you daddy!




No comments:

Post a Comment