*You may want to pause the music player at the bottom of the page if you are not in the mood for some tunes.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hello there

It is time to write again. I realized, to my regret, that I hadn't posted anything in at least a good week. There is no good reason for this, unless that is I can use laziness as an excuse. I have been lazy with my writing and it is time to get back on track.

I guess I should start with last weekend. Last weekend Jeremiah and I spent all day Saturday with my mom, Stephanie. My dad was out of town and we thought it would be fun to spend the day just us girls, well almost...us girls and a cute, 5 year old boy in tow. We rented movies, we stopped at McDonald's for a bite to eat, we got Jeremiah's hair cut, and we baked cookies. It was a good day. My mom works almost everyday of the week and more often than not we see very little of her. So it was nice to spend some much needed quality time.

Jeremiah of course took his school pictures. I cannot wait to get them back. His first year of preschool he did not smile at all, his second year of preschool he did a half smile, and now that he is in kindergarten I am hoping this time I get a complete and full smile. I know he knows how. He enjoys taking pictures, smiling brightly, and people comment all the time on how photogenic he is. I will have to wait for another 4-6 weeks before I see the pictures, until then I have my fingers crossed.

This week my bestfriend Danie and my goddaughter Leaira came over to visit. We cooked a huge Sunday dinner. Fried chicken, collard greens, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes with gravy, cheesy garlic biscuits, and broccoli with cheese. It was marvelous and mouth watering. Not just thefood, but the flow of conversation, the laughter, the warmth of friendship that filled my kitchen effortlessly.

Dan and I also picked out Jeremiah's Christmas gifts. We put it on layaway at WalMart and next Wensday when Dan gets paid we are paying off our layaway bill and taking the gifts home with us. Dan is thrilled, rubbing his hands together, and exclaiming “Those toys are mine!” Do you want to know what we got him? I am sure you do...the suspense is killing you isn't it? I would tell you, but my hubby said I should make you wait. I think you will have to wait until Christmas to see. Put it this wau though, Jeremiah is going to love all his presents!

And last, but most certainly not least...the countdown has officially began. There is only 5 days until Halloween! In five days my brother Jonathan turns 14, Jeremiah turns intoa vampire, and the spirits of the dead walk the earth...just joking about that last one. Halloween night is always fun for me. I have wonderfully spooktacular memories of Halloween as a child. My dad and I would carve pumpkins and I would dress up to go trick or treating. Sometimes we would frequent the local haunted houses. Jeremiah isn't quite old enough to brave the horrors of a haunted house, but he is a trick or treating pro. He is all pumped up and ready to go. All he talks about is dressing up in his costume and I keep reminding him to be patient, because we still have 5 more days to go.

But I understand his excitement. I am 23 and still excited for my favorite holiday of the year. I am ready to take pictures of Jeremiah as a vampire, I am ready to steal candy from his pumpkin basket while he sleeps a few feet away, and I am ready to watch scary movies Halloween night with my man. I am already getting in the spirit watching AMC's Fear Fest.

So, what is your child dressing up as? What are your favorite Halloween memories? How are you getting in the spirit of Halloween? Oh and of course what is your favorite scary movie?

* Mine of course is John Carpenter's Halloween...you know Michael Meyers, the one who wears a white mask, carries a butcher knife, and stalks babysitters....

1 comment:

  1. Way to be prepared for Christmas already, every year I say I will do my Christmas shopping early...and every year I'm a last minute shopper :)

    ReplyDelete