*You may want to pause the music player at the bottom of the page if you are not in the mood for some tunes.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Restless

Tonight I opened the windows and let the cool breeze float in and work its magic. As the day melts away and night begins to settle in you can really feel the chill. The good kind. The kind that only comes with the promise of fall. Fall is creeping in, making its precense known with the nightfall chill, the colorful leaves splayed along the sidewalks, and Halloween is right around the corner.

I love Halloween. It is my favorite holiday. Yes, I like it even more than Christmas. Halloween is the one time of year you can dress up and be anyone or anything you want to be. Children receive candy free of charge, houses are decorated with Jack-O-Lanterns, scarecrows, and spider webs. We visit haunted houses for nothing more than the thrill of being scared shitless and scary movies like that of John Carpenter's Halloween become a familiar scene.

This year Jeremiah is finally dressing up as something actually frightening. When he was one he was tigger, at two he was Darth Vader, at the age of three he was Spiderman, and last year he was a pirate. But this year I decided it was time for something more classic and something scary. This year he is going to be a vampire! He is so excited. Jeremiah shares my love of Halloween and since the moment I tried on his costume to make sure everything fit properly, he has been ready. As you can imagine we are both anticipating Halloween night.

Lately I have been feeling restless. I don't know why though.

I have been kind of snappy with Dan as well. It seems everything he does, everything he says comes out wrong. He has just been getting under my skin and there is no way to explain it.

My period hasn't come yet. I have always been irregular, birth control and even pregnancy did not help me with my irregularity issues. I can go a couple months without getting one and then suddenly it comes without warning. It is quite annoying.

When I do get it, it is fairly easy. It lasts for 3-4 days, I have very little to no cramping, and it is a normal amount. In August I got period around the usual time it would come, but something seemed off. It lasted 3 days, no cramping, but it just wasn't normal. The first day it was extremely light, the second and third day it was light and spotty. Last month it never came and now this month it didn't come on the 11th as it should have. I honestly do not know what is going on.

I took a pregnancy test a couple weeks ago just to be safe, but it came back negative. Which was a little disappointing. What with my baby fever I was almost hoping it would be positive. If I became pregnant on accident than Dan would have no choice but to be ready for a new baby, since neither of us believe in abortion. But it was negative.

So, I do not know why I am irregular. I am not pregnant (as far as I know), I am not eating anything different, I haven't changed anything in my routine, and I do not feel stressed. But I have been snappy with Dan, which only seems to happen when I am pregnant or when my period is about to come. So perhaps it is coming. We shall see. I will update.

Jeremiah takes his school pictures on the 19th. On Friday we are going to get his haircut, because he is in desperate need for a good trim. His hair grows rapidly, I don't know how his hair grows so fast, but Dan's hair grows quickly too, so I am thinking it is just something in his genes that gives him rapid hair growth. I seriously feel sorry for him when he has to start shaving.

Anyhow, Dan's good friend Dave is coming in tomorrow from out of town. Dave doesn't come here too often so Dan is excited to see his friend. We cleaned the apartment from top to bottom. Seriously we vacumed and steam cleaned the carpet, sweapt and mopped both the kitchen and bathroom floor, took out the trash, washed all the clothes and put them away, washed all the blankets and sheets, cleaned the toilet, did the dishes, etc.

Don't get me wrong Dan and I are very clean people and we do a deep cleaning like this every week anyhow, but I was just letting you know all we did to make sure our home was clean and comfortable for his friend. While Dan enjoys some man time with Dave, Jeremiah and I are going over to my parent's house to visit my dad.

Well, it is getting late, almost one in the morning here, and I am getting sleepy. Jeremiah passed out some time ago and Dan has already fallen asleep on the couch. I have to wake in the morning and get Jeremiah ready and off to school. I better get some rest myself. Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment