*You may want to pause the music player at the bottom of the page if you are not in the mood for some tunes.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat

Well tonight is the night for spooktacular fun! It is officially Halloween. The air is crisp with the chill of fall, the jack-o-lanterns are lite, and children are dressed to the nines in costumes galore. We were smack dab in the middle of it all.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. It is the best time of the year filled with costumes,  haunted houses, scary movies,  candy....everything fall, everything Halloweeny. All day I waited for Jeremiah to arrive home from school. My excitement was bubbling over.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! I'm so excited and I just can't fight it!

Jeremiah couldn't get home soon enough and once he finally did my mother showed up to take us back to her and my dad's house so we could get ready. Jeremiah did so well while my dad painted his face and we cautiously and carefully put his costume on, as not to smear the make-up.

We left the house at 6:15, jumped in the van, and began our night of trick or treating. It was wonderful and just as magical as it was when I was a child. I wish I had the chance to take pictures of some of the houses, the ones that were decked out in everything scary...spider webs,  tombstones, ghosts. But then I thought someone might think I was a little weird, taking pictures of their home, and so I tucked my camera away.

Jeremiah was well behaved. Smiling, remebering his line trick or treat, saying please and thank you and of course wishing each and everyone we came across a very happy halloween. After only an hour and a half (about 5-6 blocks) of trick or treating Jeremiah's pumpkin was filled to the rim with candy. I decided it was more than enough candy for a five year old. And finally we called it a night.

We stopped for McDonald's on the way home and surprisingly Jeremiah only ate a few pieces of candy. I gave him a good bath, scrubbing his face to get all the paint off, and put him down to sleep. He must have been completely wiped out because he dozed off into slumberland within just a few minutes.

I called my brother, Jonathan, to wish him a happy birthday too. Today he turned fourteen years old.

It was a spooky and awesomely fun night. Once again Halloween came through and did not fail me or let me down. It filled my night with happiness, it put a smile on my face, and it thrilled Jeremiah more than words could ever possibly say. I hope everyone had as wonderful a Halloween as we did.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

  Jeremiah pulled off being Dracula for one night very well. Doesn't he make a great Vampire?

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! My son was a vampire too but he was such a baby about the makeup..and he's 10! Love the whole costume.

    ReplyDelete