*You may want to pause the music player at the bottom of the page if you are not in the mood for some tunes.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Party Time

Jeremiah's birthday was on the 27th of June, but we had his party on Friday. The night before I cleaned the entire apartment from top to bottom. I was aiming for spotless and I think I may have just accomplished what I was looking for. When Jeremiah woke up on Friday morning he was thrilled about his party or at least he was thrilled to have some birthday cake...
Jeremiah is in love with Spongebob and as such his cake was Spongebob!

It is hard to believe sometimes that 5 years has already passed. Even now I find it hard to believe that I have managed to keep another human being alive and well for 5 whole years. Do you ever feel that way about your own children? Or am I the only one?


My mom insisted on getting Jeremiah to pose for a picture of him holding up five fingers, because he was officially 5 years old. Luckily Jeremiah is at an age where he actually enjoys having his picture taken. He never fails to notice when I whip the camera out and start snapping pictures. He laughs and smiles saying "cheese!" along the way. When I take his picture he always says "mommy let me look."


Jeremiah got a Cars soccer ball for his birthday (one of his many gifts). Dan takes him out to the park often to kick around the ball, but he still hasn't quite gotten the idea of kicking the ball (he wants to throw it). Hopefully with enough practice he will get it soon. I wasn't involved much in sports as a child, but Dan was. He played baseball and soccer. We are both adament on having Jeremiah involved in sports. We want him to be a part of a team and keep him busy with things he will enjoy as opposed to hanging with the wrong crowd. He may not be kickin' balls jusy yet, but you never know. Maybe he is a future soccer star in the making...fingers crossed xx.



Jeremiah received two big buckets of play-doh...courtesy of his Aunt Anne (Dan's sister). There is the pros and the cons. The pro is Jeremiah loves doing crafts...drawing, cutting, coloring, gluing, etc. It gives Jeremiah good practice with his fine motor skills (he takes occupational therapy) and it also helps with his sensory integration (he stems). The down side is it is messy and I have never been a very crafty person. Sure I enjoy scrapbooking, but that's easy. My mom is way into crafts; She can sew, crochet, paint, make quilts, etc. She tried getting me into it, but I just wasn't going for it. I was too into the mall, boys, and talking on the phone. So, to me when I see play-doh I see MESS. But never the less whatever makes Jeremiah happy makes me happy, because that's what parenting is all about right?


I had to share this picture with you, because it is great. And also it is interesting. On the left you have Jeremiah and on the right you have his 10 year old cousin, Allie. And in the middle is his Aunt Anne (Allie's mom). The funny thing is when Anne is out and about with Allie and Jeremiah many people tell her that her son is adorable and he looks so much like her. Then she has to correct them and explain this is her nephew. Everyone in my family, including myself, is convinced that somehow he was born with all of Dan and none of me. He does not look like me or my family. Fortunately the only characteristic Jeremiah did receive of mine is my cute, little button nose. Everything else is Dan. So what do you all think? Could Jeremiah pass off as Annes' son?

And that concludes Jeremiah's 5th birthday. He is finally a whole hand, tall enough to get on the kiddie rides at Six Flags, old enough to start kindergarten, mature enough to use the big boy potty, spoiled enough to get so many gifts as if it was Christmas, and loved enough by everyone to last him a lifetime and beyond.



2 comments:

  1. Love the Spongebob cake! We're big fans of Spongebob too! Err... uh, I mean, my son's a big fan of Spongebob... yeah... my son :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah is such a big fan of Spongebob and I must admitt that I do too...there are alot of hidden adult jokes in there just for us mommies who are forced to sit and watch it every morning :)

    ReplyDelete